Tuesday, August 19, 2014

No-bake chocolatey quinoa cookies are a contest finalist! Yay!


I entered a pie contest about a year ago and while everyone kept going back to eat more of it... more than the winning pies, I didn't get a ribbon. The judges said there was a tie of sorts and a lot of back and forth during judging. I assumed this is why my pie placed in 4th place, ha! My friends and I ate the last lone slice of pie later that day, on a park bench outside a coffee shop with little compostable forks. I learned that I'm still super competitive. Thank goodness I didn't give up. When I saw that Alter Eco was having a quinoa recipe contest I was super eager to give it a try. Here's the recipe and a link to their site where they'll post more recipes. I'm excited to eat cooked quinoa for breakfast fixed up like oatmeal, and fresh veggie salads with quinoa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment